Streaming Content Management
Streaming Content Management is one of the highlights of Roku.When a brand indefinitely streams about 3500 plus channels across several genres, rest assured it becomes one of the most sought-after labels in the streaming entertainment segment. The biggest challenge lies in not housing the extravagant content, but in the easy allocation and search returns that a streaming device provides when a user wants to watch his or her favorite shows or movies. Another interesting factor to be considered is the handy Mobile app release which even takes charge of remote functions. A simple download of such an app can help you use the phone as a remote function.
Do you love watching 4K content?
Many users don’t have clarity with the term of 4K. The term merely means the resolution of the TV, which contains the highest number of resolutions ranging from 3,840 pixels by 2,160, which proves that it offers increased picture clarity over other existing resolutions. Many users don’t have the required guidance that they may need for streaming 4K content. If you want to stream 4K content, you might need to check for these requirements, which are:
- A set of devices that are compatible with 4K ultra using HDMI 2
- A device player which is compatible with streaming the 4K content.
- High Speed HDMI Cable.
- A decent internet facility
- Streaming service supporting 4K Ultra HD.
If you own a Roku enabled TV, the criteria or conditions to be satisfied are just about the same such as a compatible TV set, a ready account linked to the device and a fast internet facility, which enables flawless streaming and plans that support 4K.
What’s very innovative about the Search field?
- Use the word search or phrase search through the mobile app.
- Sometimes, users prefer voice searches, where the search brings you the results based on your command of your favourite actor or director or movie or Shows.
- The search criterion also brings channels based on region for users.
How to use the screen keyboard?
- The screen keyboard is a fantastic option for your streaming searches.
- When the user types the very first letters, it automatically pulls up the relevant results.
- The search result will also contain additional details such as the viewing options.
- From this step, you can choose to add the channel, which might make the channel appear on your newsfeed with the latest updates.
- If you are using the app for getting your results, look into the magnifying glass indicated at the top which is your search bar for streaming.
What is the NewsFeed Feature?
Taking a cue from the Social media, the latest updates unveiled in the app, have brought out the features of newsfeed. The newsfeed lists all the latest programs or movies that are about to be aired. Just by following your favourite channels, or artists channels, the programs that are about to be aired in the channels that you follow keeps you updated instantly.
The whole purpose of incorporating a newsfeed feature is that users are always kept continuously updated, so they don’t miss out on their favourite shows.
If you are wondering how to access this feed, you can do so from the main menu. There is vast content available as far as many search partners which continuously strive to bring the best search results for you. When you want to use the feed option, try finding the feed option from the menu button.
Sometimes, users get confused as they cease to receive such notifications like for a particular actor, or director and the reason for this might be their choice to unfollow a specific category. If you have chosen to unfollow a subject, you naturally stop receiving such updates.
Do you know about the “Movies coming soon” Feature?
- If you love watching new movies which are just currently in theatres or too new to be streamed, you can catch this list here.
- By following these movies, or shows, you can get updated when they are going to get actually streamed.
- The updates can happen through the newsfeed option. You can follow any of these items and receive automatic updates when the movie becomes available to stream.
- Most of the new movies come in paid versions, but alternatively come in free versions, which you can know from the entry details.
How to customize the Home Screen?
- Try accessing the channels from the Home screen.
- Choose the Hold button from the remote screen
- Once the hold button is selected, you can try moving the channels up or down from the list.
- Remove the channel store locations from the settings menu.
How to setup the Antennas to your device?
The locations may allow you to receive free “over the air” transmissions based on your locations. If you are looking forward to receiving such free over the air transmissions:
- Try connecting cable to the HDTV antenna, at the rear of the device
- Select the antenna TV, and if you find it missing, choose it from the settings.
- Once this option is done, choose the on-screen instructions.
What should you do if your update is not successful?
A decent net facility is required for successful download and update of software. Ensure that the software is downloaded and updated, as it warrants that the device operates smoothly. If the update is not responsive, an error message may be encountered. In case, there is no such alert, the reason might be due to a low connectivity failure. Try these steps below to help yourself resolve the problem.
- Check if you have connected the device to the right network
- Check to see if the router functions, as sometimes the router issues may also disrupt the connection. If you are able to connect all the devices across the network, it is proof that the router works.
- Check the strength of the signal. If you have correctly given the passwords and user ids connected correctly, and still the download fails, it indicates the issue with the signal strength. One of the simplest yet brilliant techniques will be the correct placement of the device player.
Can you keep the Streaming devices when you travel?
All that the devices require is a good speed net facility which can enable you to access entertainment programs even while you are on the travel. Normally, the device will have to be connected to the same network which also connects the set. If you are travelling, the only condition you will have to check is if the net facility is available. If you have a local network available, you can have the network connected to the device.
- Mostly you will have to do with public networks, as networks found in Hotels, Or dorms or any public place.
- However, for using the network credentials, you may need permissions with proof like providing additional information for using such a facility.
Use the awesome Surround Sound in your device
Roku models come with Surround experience that promises enhanced audio quality. All the movies and TV shows generally get streamed using the stereo feature, and with in-built Surround experience, the audio standard in Roku is truly outstanding. Since few models are compatible with Surround experience, it is prudent to check if your device model contains the surround audio feature. Models which are compatible with Surround Features, use different sound formats, which are provided by content partners. If you want to use the surround audio feature, you have to ensure that the device is connected to the AVR. You can also connect the player to another device which is capable of reading the formats provided by the content partners to give you a Surround experience.
How to set up your device to enjoy surround sound feature?
Sometimes the TV and AVR actually contain ARC supporting features, which makes the audio receiving features easier. After connecting, if you don’t hear the audio in a clear fashion, try pressing the home button, and try selecting the audio settings from the device. It is recommended to use Auto features for using the capabilities.
- Try connecting the device to a TV set which is compatible to surround sound using the HDMI cable
- Connect the same through an AVR
- Use the HDMI cable to the output using the AVR
How to solve device issues when you face an empty or blue screen or no display after powering on?
Sometimes users face an empty or blue screen, after switching on the device. The reason might be due to device issues. If you encounter such a problem, you could try to get them solved by following these steps.
- Try switching the device off, and power on after few minutes
- Try to play another channel. If you get an empty screen after changing the channel, you might need personalised expert suggestion for the same.
- Check if the HDMI cable has come loose but not entirely disconnected. In such a case, you could switch off the device and unplug the HDMI cable from the device for a few minutes.
- Alternatively, you could try connecting your player with the included A/V composite cable, which might also do the trick.
If the display still doesn’t work, Please try using the roku device in different TV